Apple releases their newest operating system, macOS Sierra on September 20, 2016.
As we know that many users are excited to update as quickly as possible, we have been testing Extensis software with Sierra. The following are current details about compatibility.
- Suitcase Fusion 7 (v18.1.1 and newer) has been tested and is compatible with macOS Sierra (v10.12)
- Previous versions of Suitcase Fusion have not been tested, use at your own risk.
Universal Type Server
- Initial tests of Universal Type Client 6 indicate that the current version (v6.1.0) is compatible with macOS Sierra.
- Due to new macOS permissions, Universal Type Server may encounter a service interruption after upgrading to macOS Sierra.
Installing the latest Universal Type Server 6.1.1 release over your current installation will restore all functionality without causing data loss.
- There are no known issues with users accessing Portfolio catalogs with the web clients on macOS Sierra.
- When installing macOS Sierra on a server running Portfolio 2016, the server will stop functioning. Re-install Portfolio 2016 on the machine and functionality will be restored without any data loss.
For the most current information about supported software configurations see these pages:
- Suitcase Fusion Compatibility
- Universal Type Server Compatibility
- Universal Type Client Compatibility
- Portfolio Compatibility