Last week we held a Font Management Symposium in New York City, and it was spectacular.
When we originally came up with the idea for a symposium, we really weren’t sure just how many people would be interested in such a thing. Reaching out to the Extensis community, we were overwhelmed with the response. Over 175 people registered for the event, effectively selling out the space available at the Fashion Institute of Technology. We regularly hold forums on other topics, and this was the first time we’d ever needed a waiting list to allow people in.
So I’d like to extend a big thank you to everyone who attended and participated. Special thanks go out to our all of our speakers:
- Craig Peden of Condé Nast
- David Plavin of Publicis
- Frank Martinez, Esq of The Martinez Group
- Michael Kiaer of Time Inc.
- Stefani Pagano of mcgarrybowen
If you were unable to attend, we have made the event resources available for download here.
The resources page includes:
- My Evolution of Font Management presentation
- Publicis Case Study with David Plavin
- Fonts, Licensing and Intellectual Property presentation from Frank Martinez
- Challenges and Benefits of Team-based font management panel discussion slides
- Document and software download links
Due to the great response, we may consider organizing future events in other areas of the country. If you are interested in having us come to your neck of the woods, please let me know if in the comments section of this post.